Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
جمهوری اسلامی افغانستان (in dari) transliterated Jumhuri-ye Islami-ye Afghanistan
Forma de Estado:
Sistema de Gobierno:
- Founding date/ Date of independence: 19 August 1919
- Date of constitution/reform: 1923; 1964; 1976; 1987; 1990; current one from 2004
- Form of state: Federal
- Administrative divisions:
- Official language(s): Dari (Afghan Persian) and Pashtun
- Other spoken languages: Other Turkoman languages such as Uzbek or Tayik; Baluchi, Pashai or Nuristani
- Official religion: Confessional (Islamic)
- Minorities: Tayik, Hazara, Uzbek, Turkoman, Qizilbash, Baluchi, among others
- Dominant actor(s): War barons
- Elected institutions of government: The Presidency, the Lower House of Parliament and the Provincial Councils (the District Councils will also be subject to public suffrage, although they have not yet been formed).
- Non-elected institutions of government: The Upper House of Parliament (indirectly elected)
- Party system: There are political parties, but candidates run as independents.
- Head of state: Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai, since September 2014.
- Head of government:there is no Prime Minister but after 2014 elections, the figure of Chief Executive was created for Abdullah Abdullah
- Minister of Foreign Affairs: Salahuddin Rabbani
- Minister of Interior: Taj Mohammad Jahid.
- Head(s) of Legislative Branch: Wolesi Yirga: Abdul Rauf Ebrahimi; Meshrano Yirga: Fazel Hadi Muslemyar.
- Composition legislative branch:
- Head of the Judiciary: Sayed Yosuf Halim.
- Schematic representation of the political system: