- Name - Original language & name in English: الحركة الشعبية الجزائرية (Arabic), Mouvement populaire algérien (French), Algerian Popular Movement (English).
- Year founded: 2012
- Ideology: Social democratic, Nationalist
- Current leader & function: Amara Benyounès (secretary general)
- Number of seats in parliament (lower house): 7 seats
- Currently in government or in opposition: In government
- Legal status: Legal political party
- Link to official party website: http://mouvementpopulairealgerien.org
- Observations: In 2012 the existing UDR party - Union for Democracy & the Republic - was refounded and rebranded as the MPA. The UDR had been a largely unsuccessful social-democratic party founded in 2003 by Benyounès after his departure from the RCD. Benyounès himself has occupied a number of ministerial portfolios in different governments. His party can very much be considered part of Bouteflika's network of power.